Skip to main content

Can I get COVID-19 from wastewater or sewage?

Can I get COVID-19 from wastewater or sewage?: More people are asking “Can I get COVID-19 from wastewater or sewage?” Wastewater surveillance can provide an early warning of COVID-19’s spread in communities according to some sources.

People infected with SARS-CoV-2 can shed the virus in their feces, even if they don’t have symptoms, they say.

The virus can then be detected in wastewater, enabling wastewater surveillance to capture presence of SARS-CoV-2 shed by people with and without symptoms. This allows wastewater surveillance to serve as an early warning that COVID-19 is spreading in a community.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warsh Makes First Global Fed Debut as Central Banks Signal a New Phase in the Inflation Fight

Warsh Makes First Global Fed Debut as Central Banks Signal a New Phase in the Inflation Fight : Kevin Warsh’s first international appearance as Federal Reserve Chair drew global attention in Sintra, Portugal. His refusal to offer rate guidance signals a sharp shift in Fed communication strategy. Markets are now left reading uncertainty heading into the next policy meeting.